Sunday, July 29, 2007

An Ode To Terrorists

At times I go looking through old journals and stacks of paper for stories or poems I wrote and every once in a while I come across one I know I wrote because there it is, scribbled out on some spare piece of paper or in a notebook with changes made, words crossed out and the whole dated. Occasionally, there is a notation about why or where it was written, but usually these old pieces just float there on the page, artifacts of an earlier me that I read and then ask, who was he that wrote this? What was in his mind?

This short rather prophetic piece was written in April of 1988.


AN ODE TO TERRORISTS

An entertainment award
For decimating our innocent population
And carrying our lovely nation
Into adulthood.
Blow your horms
You have succeeded where
The four horsemen have failed.

No comments: