Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Sun Was Shining



PHOTO: Diego Fernandes 2007

The sun was shining today
And I wanted to writhe naked,
I wanted to roll like an excited dog
In all that early green grass.

I’m ready for the itch.
Feeling tiny blue flowers
With white and yellow centers
Here and there on the hillside.

The meadow, once hidden
Is now surrounded
Civilization moved in with
Windows looking watchfully.

The hills around up and down
Near and far house littered
Every one crowding the open
Staring furtively from the trees.

Grand McMansions with
Hilltop window disdain
From up and up, to near and far
Spying on the open fields.

My hidden dell isn’t.
I wanted to sprawl naked
Absorbing sun like a sponge
Feeling those hot fingers.

I wanted a sun massage.
I know it’s still winter but
The sun was shining today
And I wanted to lay naked.

All those windows gave me
Guilt and immodest modesty
Got the better of me
So I merely strolled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your imagery is just wonderful - so evocative. The mood change from your joy to your loss - and then back to accepting and embracing what you still have - lovely. And a good naked roll in the sunshine meadow is always a fine idea.