Thursday, April 9, 2009

Indolent



Photo: Diego Fernandes 2008

I was lying there in your light
That warmth you always have
When you grace the known

Dozing through your daydream
Conversation concerning shadows
You asked me to explain

Places alien to your nature
Foreign to your sightline
But how could I tell you

Your bright presence invented dark
Creatures you never see
They shape quick fantasies

Conjuring strange visions
With a memory of your radiance
Swindling the unregenerate

My comfortable luminous torpor
Augment my witless intemperance
Please ask me again tomorrow

Reclining against your day
Those fiends and ogres of shadow
Seem so exceedingly far away

3 comments:

lakelady said...

ahhhhhhh

Argentina said...

The Safety Net – it is woven of light and shadow, I think.
The dark creatures – fiends and ogres - may caper all they like.
We will laugh lightly (or maybe cry a little), link alliances, thumb our noses and turn up the sun.
It’s alright – it’s a vacuum - bright brings dark… bring it on – it’s ON.
The dark is nothing, any more, to fear.
Shine on…

Unknown said...

"ask me again tomorrow"
never say that to the woman you love, not even in a poem!